La Coupe Hauxer

A battle for hockey bragging rights through head to head competition between each of our favorite teams - Devils (Brad), Flyers (Wiley), Penguins (Sam), and Capitals (Fritz/William). The winner(s) gets the historic La Coupe Hauxer and the universal currency of respect/adminiration. The loser(s) gets the Stanley Screwdriver, the universal currency of humiliation and has to buy everyone dinner at the Vienna Inn. Game on!

Saturday, January 07, 2006

A fun little show when the fans come with the team

Friday night I got to attend my first hockey game at the MCI center. And I got to witness first hand the Flyers stick it to the Caps. As we approached the building I noticed Flyers jerseys all over D.C. and when we got to the game it was clear that all of them went to the game. Our seats were deep in Flyer fan territory. As I sat there watching my team not only out score, out shoot, and most deffinitely out hit the Capitals I thought, gee how sad is it when the home team gets out cheered by the opposing team's fans. And the Philly fans did not dissappoint with a colorful collection of cheers, rants, and raves. But the thing I enjoyed most, was the score. YEAH BABY! FLYERS STUCK IT TO THE CAPS WHOO HOO! CHALK UP ANOTHER POINT FOR WILEY'S TEAM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home