La Coupe Hauxer

A battle for hockey bragging rights through head to head competition between each of our favorite teams - Devils (Brad), Flyers (Wiley), Penguins (Sam), and Capitals (Fritz/William). The winner(s) gets the historic La Coupe Hauxer and the universal currency of respect/adminiration. The loser(s) gets the Stanley Screwdriver, the universal currency of humiliation and has to buy everyone dinner at the Vienna Inn. Game on!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Ovechkin vs. Crosby!

Tonight in Pittsburgh is a pivotal La Coupe Hauxer matchup -- Alex Ovechkin's Capitals at Sidney Crosby's Pengyunz. Off Wing Opinion has links to all the articles from both markets. Apparently, there is a little bit more than just La Coupe Hauxer riding on this one...

Hopefully, the Caps can finally draw some blood in La Coupe Hauxer, since they are currently 0-3. It should be fun either way since Sidney Crosby finally gets to measure himself aganist the best rookie in hockey, league awards not withstanding.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:38 AM , Blogger Erica Yurasko said...

    Although I have been called a traitor by a person who is not affiliated with La Coupe Hauxer, I must admit that my loyalties (previously evenly divided between the Caps and the Pens) are now leaning more heavily toward the "team in my backyard".

    Not too long after the start of the first round of the Ovechkin-Crosby faceoff, I happily put on my Penguins sweater. William smirked at me and shook his head.

    About two minutes later, I felt like a traitor because I've been cheering for the Caps now for three straight years and there I was in a Pens jersey. So, at the end of the first period I exchanged my Penguins jersey for my Capitals jersey.

    However, the damage had already been done, and the Caps could not net enough shots to win the match.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home